Sunday, October 5, 2008

Field Day

So these past few weeks with swimming have been pretty tough. I have had my moments when I wasn't sure why I was putting so much work into it. Then Friday came, and I realized that I love swimming!!

Once a year on the first friday in October, we have our field day meet. This is where all the captains get there teams, and we do the funniest awkwardest relays ever! We get points for winning and how good our cheer is, and so on so forth. After the whole meet we get to eat watermelon that we use in one of the relays.
Here are most of the relays we end up doing...
  • Beach Balls
  • Snake (It's when everyone is connected hand to foot and it's very difficult)
  • Keep the match dry (They give you a match, everyone swims and whoever's match lights at the end wins)
  • T-Shirt Relay..it's hard to get wet t-shirts on
  • 3 oranges, You have one in each hand, and one on your neck.
  • Tube races
  • And last but not least, the Watermelon races.

My team was the Mysterious Dwarfs, our cheer was hilarious (Hi-Ho Hi-Ho It's off to work we go. We'll swim so fast, We'll kick your *clap* Hi-Ho Hi-Ho Hi-Ho) It was basically way fun!!

Us girls before the games begin

T-shirt relay
Tubes!! The yellow one was my team..We kicked butt!
Here's the scoreboard.. as you can see team 4 (my team) didn't do so hot.. but we still rocked with spirit!
We took a huge team photo at the end and tried to get everyone on the tubes and stuff.

9 comments:

Matt said...

Lol, that looks like a ton of fun. Sometimes I wish I was on swim team but then I remember, I'm a crummy swimmer! I could have said something very Swedish but I won't because Tanner doesn't blog and he'd get it. Hehehe. I love your cheer btw. Very hilarious.

!Matt!

Kristie said...

Yes the cheer was a winner. Except I don't think my dad approved of it because everyone was yelling to give us a ten and for some lame reason he gave us a 9. and some super uberly lame cheer got 10. I was pretty upset.

Matt said...

That's because he didn't want it to look like he was favoring you know? Jk, should've got a 10.

!Matt!

Your Friendly Neighborhood Missionary said...

Ha ha sounds like you had fun!!!! I am way jelouse I wish I could swim like you!!!

Kristie said...

haha It's not that i'm good at swimming. I just make it fun!!

Matt said...

So modest....

Kristie said...

Whatever Matt, You totally love me for it.

Matt said...

True that, true that.

!Matt!

jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.